On 17 March 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced the creation of 19 new districts and 3 new divisions in the state during his course of the discussion on the Finance and Appropriation Bill in the Legislative Assembly. Rajasthan will now have 19 new districts and 3 new divisions, taking the number of districts to 50 and divisions to 10.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
More about the new districts announced by CM Gehlot :
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to make Anupgarh, Balotra, Beawar, Deeg, Didwana-Kuchaman, Dudu, Gangapur City, Jaipur North, Jaipur South, Jodhpur East, Jodhpur West, Kekri, Kotputli-Behror, Khairthal, Neem Ka Thana, Phalodi, Salumbar, Sanchor and Shahpura districts.
- The CM also declared adding three new administrative: Sikar, Banswara and Pali.
- Jaipur North, Jaipur South, Dudu and Phalodi districts have been carved out of Jaipur district.
- Jodhpur East, Jodhpur West and Kotputli-Behror districts have been carved out of Jodhpur district.
- For the new districts and divisions, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot proposed a budget of Rs 2,000 crore for the first phase of implementation of infrastructure and human resource development.
Important facts about Rajasthan:
- Rajasthan now has the third highest number of districts in the country after Uttar Pradesh (75) and Madhya Pradesh (52).
|Formation||30 March 1949|
|Total Area||342,239 km2 (132,139 sq mi)|
|Density||200/km2 (520/sq mi)|
|Literacy Rate (%)||79.19%|
|Legislative Assembly||200 Seats|
|Lower House||25 Seats|
|Upper House||10 Seats|
|Number of Districts||52|
|Language||Hindi, Malvi, Dhundhari,Marwari,Dhundhari, Harauti|
You may also read this:
This Content is for Education Purpose if you find it Yours Creation do mail me at [email protected] it will be removed within 48 hours