The Music Academy has announced that the Sangita Kalanidhi award for 2023 will be presented to Bombay Jayashri, a Padma Shri awardee and renowned Carnatic vocalist. According to the Academy’s press release, Jayashri is considered as one of the leading Carnatic musicians of the present time. She received her initial training in Carnatic music from her parents and later studied under TR Balamani and Lalgudi G Jayaraman, a celebrated violin maestro. In addition to Carnatic music, Jayashri has also received training in Hindustani music, classical dance, and the veena.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About Sangita Kalanidhi award:
- It is considered the highest award in the field of Carnatic music.
- The award is conferred by the Madras Music Academy.
- The award comprises a gold medal and a birudu patra (citation).
- It is a landmark institution in the history of the fine arts. It emerged as an offshoot of the All India Congress Session held in Madras in December 1927.
About Carnatic music:
- Carnatic music is commonly associated with southern India including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu, but also practised in Sri Lanka.
- It is one of two major genres of Indian classical music that evolved from ancient Hindu traditions, the other being Hindustani music, which emerged as a distinct form in northern India as a result of Persian and Islamic influences.
This Content is for Education Purpose if you find it Yours Creation do mail me at [email protected] it will be removed within 48 hours