Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first submarine base of Bangladesh ‘BNS Sheikh Hasina’ at Pekua in Cox’s Bazar. Hailing the newly inaugurated naval base as an ‘ultra modern submarine base’, Prime Minister called the event a proud chapter in the history of Bangladesh navy.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
More about Bangladesh’s first submarine base:
- This is the first ever full-fledged submarine base of Bangladesh Navy.
- Built at a cost of $1.21 billion.
- The base can accommodate a total of six submarines and eight warships at a time.
Significance of the submarine base:
It will allow for safe and swift movement of the submarines in case of emergency, as the base is located at the Bay of Bengal.
The Government of Bangladesh signed an agreement with China in September 2019 for the construction of the submarine base.
The government of Bangladesh is working on ‘Forces Goal 2030‘ to transform its military force into a modern organization appropriate for the times.
Bangladesh: Fast Facts:
- Head Of Government: Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina Wazed (Wajed)
- Capital: Dhaka
- Population: (2023 est.) 166,663,000
- Head Of State: President: Abdul Hamid.
This Content is for Education Purpose if you find it Yours Creation do mail me at [email protected] it will be removed within 48 hours